Goodbyes are always tough! I lived in the US for a decade and life as I knew it, was there! Chicago was amazing. Chicago was a city where I realized my dreams and where I discovered my passion for food.
My love for cooking and experimenting in the kitchen is an old love story. It took me 5 years of working as a financial consultant, before I finally decided to take the plunge and make a career switch. I went to culinary school and it truly was one of the best decisions I’ve made so far. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my job in Chicago, but I loved culinary school just a bit more.
When I first moved to the States 10 years ago, one of my first meals was at Chipotle. Today, I want to share with you my version of a chipotle meal that you can make at home easily. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Lime Cilantro Rice with Roasted Corn & Black Beans and my Homemade Guacamole
You can stuff a soft taco, a hard shell taco or mix it and make it a bowl out of it…or you can do all three!
For Lime Cilantro rice
1 cup rice
1 teaspoon oil
½ bunch cilantro chopped
For roasted corn and black beans
2 cups boiled/cooked black beans (you can use canned if you want)
2 whole corns
¼ red onion (chopped finely)
1 green chilli – chopped finely (I used thai chilli because I love spicy food, you can use a milder one as well)
½ teaspoon oil
Little less than ¼ red onion chopped
1 and ½ thai green chili – chopped (use a milder one if you do not like spicy food)
For garnish and extras
Chopped tomatoes, sour cream, shredded cheese, store bought salsa (mild or spicy), tortilla wraps or taco shells.
Method for lime cilantro rice:
- Soak rice in some water for about 5 minutes. This helps the rice cook faster.
- In a non-stick pot, add oil. When it’s hot add the rice (without water) and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Let the oil coat the rice completely. Add two cups of water and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Squeeze the lime and let the rice cook. (I cook it without a lid)
- Once the rice is cooked, drain out the excess water.
- Add the chopped cilantro and mix gently. Be careful as to not break the grains. Set aside.
Method for roasted corn and black beans:
- Roast the corn over your stove.
- Remove the corn from the cob using your knife.
- In non-stick pot, add ½ teaspoon of oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
- Sauté chopped onions until translucent.
- Add the green chili, black beans and corn. Add salt to taste. Stir for 2 minutes and set aside.
- In a bowl add the chopped onions and green chili.
- Cube the avocados and add to the bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocados and mix with onion and chili. I like my guacamole chunky so I prefer this method.
- Add the juice of 1 lime and salt to taste. Mix well. Do a taste test to ensure the seasoning is to your liking.
Assemble: cialis and bph.
- In a bowl, add rice, and layer with black bean and corn mixture, guacamole, and all the garnishes you want and enjoy.
Taco nights with margaritas on summer nights are easy and can be made at home.