This ice-cream gives the perfect warmth for the winter season and fulfills my desire of the cold and soft scoop of ice-cream. The second-best part about this dessert is its easy-to-get ingredients (the first is obviously the flavour!)
All you need is:
- Your favourite ice-cream
- Corn flakes
- 2-4 Egg Whites
- Cinnamon and Sugar according to personal taste for flavour
- To begin with, scoop out as many scoops as you wish to serve from the ice-cream brick (The more, the merrier!).
- Put the scoops on a baking sheet and freeze the scoops for about 1 hour or until they are firm.
- Set 3 bowls for dipping—one with flour, another with beaten egg whites and the last with crushed corn flakes, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Once the ice-cream balls are firm and hardened, each ball must be rolled in little flour for strength, then dipped in beaten egg whites and again rolled up in crushed corn flakes. Source
- The ice-cream scoops should be covered completely and to be placed in freezer for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, heat oil in a saucepan at high flame (375 F or 190 C)
- Fry ice-cream balls until they are golden-brown.
- We’re almost there.
Ice-cream balls can be topped with caramel or chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Serve immediately for a heavenly treat!